This newspaper was founded in 1885 under the name Lappeenrannan Uutiset and has appeared under the current name - after temporary closure and renaming - since 1914. In the inter-war period it spoke out vehemently against all forms of radicalism. After World War II it remained close to the Centre Party, which draws its support mainly from the population in rural areas, until well into the 1990s.
|Frequency of publication||Daily|
|Online payment model||Content partially fee-based|
|Publisher||Kaakon Viestintä Oy|
|Area of distribution||Regional|
|Address||Lauritsalantie 1, Lappeenranta|
|Phone||00358 05 5388 3200|